Front beam help! spring plate advice needed now too!!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dames

Reaction score
After a long break from my project im back at it.I have removed the front beam and replaced it for a rust free one,Transporterhaus fitted new ball joints in my trailing arms. i had a garage fit the springs and arms to the beam then I managed to fit it and put new track rods and steering damper on, today I was going to fit the shocks on but they are a few mills short the back is on axle stands so this might change when its back on its wheels. My worry is the shocks are going to be fully extended when they are fitted I thought they would be somewhere in the middle to allow for some up and down travel. I have measured them in the open and closed position and they are the same lenght as stock ones is this normal?

I am trying to return my suspention to stock hight today I managed to raise one side back up the two splines it had been lowered but the spring plate wont go fully back its about two mills proud is it ok to hammer it the last bit I tried a wooden mallet but no good.
Please help this is my first attempt at mechanics of any type.

How short are the shocks? are you sure the arm doesn't just need the weight taken off of it?

also the spring plate is proud of the torsion bar yes? just knock it on if so

Latest posts