Front bench seat

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn82

Reaction score
Howdy,
I have a non walk thru, and was thinking about making a front bench seat for it, has anyone else made one, I know you can buy them, if can find one, but thought cant be hard making one. Any pictures or thoughts would be good.
Many thanks.
Shawn.

There is someone on here that put a rear bench in the front, there is also a company that make a flip bench but there huge money, do a little search ul find what u need buddy

yeah seen them flip front, but like said mega money, plus i have the bulkhead still in.
im thinking the rear bench with the legs cut off would be good, be easy to make some fixing brackets up for this as well. research is fun, there is some cool buses out there but no real help. i will see what i can do.

hello
i have a cut down a rear bench seat in mine its a bit tatty but yours for a few beers
i will be taking it out as soon as my seat covers arrive hopefully in the next week or two
pm me your phone number and i send over some photos
norm :D

It's the rear seat out of a modern bay the base went straight in after welding a frame on it ,should have trimmed the foam back on th edges thought.The back rest had to be trimmed by about 50mm on each side and then welded back together.

Mine is a walk thought but thought having a flat level seat at the front would give me an extra kids bunk as I took the pop top off

madjack said:
It's the rear seat out of a modern bay the base went straight in after welding a frame on it ,should have trimmed the foam back on th edges thought.The back rest had to be trimmed by about 50mm on each side and then welded back together.

this is pretty much what i did but using an early rear
i think i had to cut the lower down by 60 mm and top by 50 mm
then i reused the original covers by strething them over the ends
norm :D

I like the look - unfortunately I am too fond of being able to get in the back without exiting the bus to do it to mine - plus the dormy cooker could prove difficult :lol:

I put an old Jag one in mine. It's a walkthrough but I've always wanted a vehicle with a bench seat.

viewer

old bench seat in the front is a pain in the ass. not impossible, but it's about 2.5" too long, and what with the horsehair, springs, padding needing shortening as well as recovering the seat with a one off cover it's quite a faff. Sits pretty high too. i did mine with an angle grinder and i'm just going to chuck blankets over it when the time comes.
new bay seat looks the ticket though.

I got rear jag seat in mine 2 Tight fit but comfy and cheap from a scrappy arm rest in Middle and bed for daughter at shows!

Latest posts