front panel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemonyellow

Reaction score
hi ,brought van,8 years ago 1972 low lights.front panel was hadit.fittednew panelbut high indicators ,van ready 4 another respray/touchup now want to go back to low lights again is it easy job?what panel do i need are they different if high lights panel already fitted?thanks nik

I'm not sure is if they do a replacement panel with the low lights?

I'm pretty sure in fact they don't unless someone else knows of anyone!

VW heritage do the lower panel to take the low lights and blanking plates for the high indicator holes.

you get a late panel then have to weld a bottom section in that has low indicators. next you weld up the high indicators with the blanking plate and put the grill conversion in.

wanderlust said:
you get a late panel then have to weld a bottom section in that has low indicators. next you weld up the high indicators with the blanking plate and put the grill conversion in.

Also you'll have to source some clipped out indicator brackets and weld them in behind the new lower panel, or fabricate some as the Heritage panel doesn't come with them. It is a job worth doing, I hate to see a early that has been converted to hi lights. It'll end up looking like this....

DSCF0395.jpg

This should help give you an idea of what needs to be done.
There doesn't seem to be a direct link to it but..
http://www.type2.com/
Click on library on the left hand links, then scroll down to BODY.
Scroll down to Front Nose Panel, then to T2 Bus nose replacement
by Kelly a.k.a metalwizard.

Hope this helps

Latest posts