Front Roof Rack ideas

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can get a roof rack that fits on the front, that doesn`t have mounting brackets that go to far over the gutter?

Basically, Most of the roof racks (2 Bow) I have tried fit on the front but do not allow me to open the door!

I need either one that goes on the pillers either side of the door or one that mounts differently than the creative engineering one. (which I really like and have on the back)

Maybe its just a case of changing the mounting brackets? any ideas?

8)

Cheers for the link, have you got any pics of the mounts? 8)

Nice one Mike. 8)

I have looked at my other rack this weekend and I think with the help of an angle grinder and some TLC I van sort the mounts so that they fit.

I love the trunk idea, I am looking for something along those lines for mine as I want to stow a BBQ in it. Any good places to get them from?

Bought a vintage cooler at vanfest and have a wicker picnice set at the moment, adorning the rack. 8)

re the trunk idea... the one I loaded up for the pic is one I used back in the 70s, and actually still has much of the accumulated junk still in it! (Maybe I should raid it for stuff to stick in the van at shows!). It's a bit delicate though and so is not for taking to shows.

I've been trawling through on ebay for 'wooden truck' or 'metal box' and have seen some great items at reasonable prices but not the right one yet. I also want it to have a real but comedy-sized padlock, and I guess I'll need some vintage bungees too!

easy said:
Cheers for the link, have you got any pics of the mounts? 8)

pic of mounts and rack

also some trunks, mention later on in the thread

DSCF0843.jpg

COMMERCIALROOFRACK.jpg

OLDTRUNKS-1.jpg

Cheers for the pics, that has given me a good few ideas. 8) :D

I bought my roofracks in Germany from Custum Speed parts but i know Just Kampers sells them as well.
I can open my doors with this roofrack. The roofrack for the rearend will be customized to fitt.

BusbijKeverboet1.jpg

frontdakrek2.jpg

Nice one surf bus, I have looked at these racks. Can you post a close up pic of the mounts pleeeeeeeeeease! 8) Just so I can have a look :D

Nice one dude, that looks perfect for me! gonna see what santa brings in the way of cash and I will get one in the new year.

Cheers for the pic 8)

Latest posts