Front seats

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froggy

Reaction score
Not to sure if this is a technical question or not so thought i'd post here on the off chance that its not.
Currently got Rover seats in the front but as with most alternative seats they sit a little high, infact there that high that the wife cant press the pedals, not to much of an issue but if anything happens to me when were out then were stuffed.
So i'm thinking of going back to stock seats (why did i sell my originals seats :cry: ) but early seats (as with all things early) are going for silly money. Luckily when i removed the seats i left the runners in place and packed the Rover seats to clear them, i had to remove the passenger clips but again i have kept them so not an issue, easliy fixed with the welder :)
Do later bay seats fit? if not what is the going rate for a set of early front RHD seats? (are RHD and LHD seats interchangable?)

froggy said:
Not to sure if this is a technical question or not so thought i'd post here on the off chance that its not.
Currently got Rover seats in the front but as with most alternative seats they sit a little high, infact there that high that the wife cant press the pedals, not to much of an issue but if anything happens to me when were out then were stuffed.
So i'm thinking of going back to stock seats (why did i sell my originals seats :cry: ) but early seats (as with all things early) are going for silly money. Luckily when i removed the seats i left the runners in place and packed the Rover seats to clear them, i had to remove the passenger clips but again i have kept them so not an issue, easliy fixed with the welder :)
Do later bay seats fit? if not what is the going rate for a set of early front RHD seats? (are RHD and LHD seats interchangable?)

Are they the Rover 75 seats I seem to remember you having? Are they only sitting high becuase you packed them to clear the original runners? If you want to go back to stock and they are the 75s, let me know I might buy them from you 8)

cunning plan said:
froggy said:

Are they the Rover 75 seats I seem to remember you having? Are they only sitting high becuase you packed them to clear the original runners? If you want to go back to stock and they are the 75s, let me know I might buy them from you 8)
Cunning, no mate there Rover 200 sports, they are possibly a little high from packing them up but i've only had to lift them about 10-15mm so it wont of made much difference it more to do with the seat base being thicker.
Not really keen on stock seats because the top of the seat is a little low and sits under my shoulder blade but think its the only way the wife might be able to drive the van.

Hi,
ive recently bought some earlys for mine for £125 plus delivery, not cheap i know but they were in good condition and a rareish colour (red)......sold my old ones for £75 but they do need to be recovered,............i just think you cant beat the look of original seats, gives you some idea of prices

good luck with the search....................kev

bubba dubba said:
Hi,
ive recently bought some earlys for mine for £125 plus delivery, not cheap i know but they were in good condition and a rareish colour (red)......sold my old ones for £75 but they do need to be recovered,............i just think you cant beat the look of original seats, gives you some idea of prices

good luck with the search....................kev
£125 :shock: :shock: :shock:
I sold my original pair back in August for £30 and even then i thought i was being cheeky asking that much.
Might just go for either a set of Saab leather seats and get the frames cut down or buy a set of porsche seats and get them re-covered

924 seats are fine as well.....

seatfit003.jpg

seat base not much higher than stock, but much comfier. :D

seats are 68-73, 74-76 and 76-79 i think...i know there are three catergories but my years may be off slightly.
Suprisingly i have a loads of front seats come in. Don`t know what to charge for seats that need recovering so i`ll have a wild stab in the dark and say £50 for a pair...does that help :?:

Scott,
I'll be in touch when i get back from deepest, darkest Wales.
Only real issue is i'll need them posting (unless any nice people going to the camp out fancies helping me out for a small price ;) )

Ive found some origianal early bay seats but with headrests I think it could make the early bay a bit more modern

No they won't, you can make them fit if you buy some second hand runners which range between £70 & £120 , depending where you get them from ;) yes LHD & RHD are interchangable,the knobs on the wrong side thats all.

Ive found some origianal early bay seats but with headrests I think it could make the early bay a bit more modern
These will be early westy seats :D

Latest posts