front spindels

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leftywesty

Reaction score
I lied ive actually got 2 questions.

I was just wondering is it possible to fit 71 spindels to a earlier bus? becasue was planning to upgrade to disc brakes and the 5-112 bolt pattern ( for new fuch wheels) Im also heard that futbus make rear brakes kits for 71 and onwards busses will theese fit onto a earlier bus?

I have never done it, but as far as i am aware yes the fronts are interchangable

As for futbus, yes they do, just ordered mine :)

leftywesty said:

I was just wondering is it possible to fit 71 spindels to a earlier bus? becasue was planning to upgrade to disc brakes and the 5-112 bolt pattern ( for new fuch wheels) Im also heard that futbus make rear brakes kits for 71 and onwards busses will theese fit onto a earlier bus?

Yes as long as its balljoint. the geometry is the same. Ive fitted later spindles to my 71, i know not the same but they will fit 68 on AFAIK.

leftywesty said:

Yes , i've just done this to my 68, that is fitting 112 PCD disc brakes, see my gallery photos

Just be aware that '71 brakes are 1 year only, so if your going to fit later discs go for the post '72 discs, spindles etc

froggy said:
Just be aware that '71 brakes are 1 year only, so if your going to fit later discs go for the post '72 discs, spindles etc

definitely, cheaper to replace/repair and more available.

Latest posts