Fuchs?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dunno Joval, SR?,

what i meant is, you cant safely go lower than 3" with just spindles. 3" is the safest drop on balljoints, slammed panel use to make 4.2" drop on balljoints by inverting the spindle and remilling and using special longtravel ball joints that they were getting made specially. They quit making them because the balljoints werent up to scratch (as far as i know).

I was just saying i have a 71 with the one year only caliper (ball joint ofc). I bought later (post 72) standard spindles and calipers as one unit and it bolted straight on with no issues and cheaper and easier to find replacement parts.

I'm sure the wagon west will fit as i dont think the spindle geometry has changed at all from 68-

:D oops, don't want to start confusing everybody.

I'm hunting a '71 as it has disc brakes already and therefore an easy step to fit the Fuchs.
I also plan to fit dropped spindles, and thought that maybe fitting later disc spindles would allow discs on a 68-70 bus so I could broaden my search.

Pete - would the entire beam need to be swapped, or was this just easier in your case?
I'm not ruling out adaptors as the Flat4 Fuchs have a decent offset.
Any more pics of your westy? That sounds like what I'm after ;)

Slammedresto - don't listen to me, I'm a bus n00b :D

Bought a '71 westy :D Just need to get it shipped.

The Red9 lowering kit is looking very appealing at the moment - I've been scouring the net for days trying to find a genuine complaint and can't find one,

good ride - decent drop - no track increase - good price.....

...am I wrong?

theres lots of debate about it. if your gonna use it fit the modified bump stops and make sure the beam is totall solid, etc etc

Joval said:
Bought a '71 westy :D Just need to get it shipped.

The Red9 lowering kit is looking very appealing at the moment - I've been scouring the net for days trying to find a genuine complaint and can't find one,

good ride - decent drop - no track increase - good price.....

...am I wrong?

I've got one... but haven't fitted it yet! :roll:

Used to be Loxy's, he's your man!!!

;)