Full length front bench seats

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froggy

Reaction score
Was this ever an option?
We're both very taken with fitting a bench seat in the front but as the 2/3 bench (M501 option) is rarer than hens teeth was a full length seat ever available or has anyone got pictures of something along the same lines?
Looked at the bluebird middle seat conversion http://www.bluebird-type2.co.uk/Split bay interior.htmand to be honest it looks wrong/put of place. Want something a lottle more OG.
Remember reading in a mag about someone making up there own front bench seats as they had tubbed there arches and it was to only way to get a seat to fit, anyone else read this and can remember what month it was (Must have been in VW Camper and bus as this is the only mag i read)
Are there any other options available, would a T25/T4/T5 seat fit?

The factory bay set up is a 2 person passenger seat that mounts on a very different base to the walkthrough single seat set up. You could make a frame to mount it all on, but the back will be open as the rear of a double passenger seat is 'open' as I remember.

T25 double passenger seats were altered to mount exactly the same as a single passenger seat. pretty much - but its all quite different to a bay set up.

Its all pretty much goung to have to be a make do and mend unless you go for the og set up.

Ive had a non walkthrough in the past with a double passenger seat, and my honest opinion is that they arent big enough for three people.

Will have to have a proper look at one then :oops:
Was hoping to be able to stop a potential arguement between the kids as to who can sit in the front :lol:
Could fabricate some sort of frame work to suit but suppose i need the seat before i can do this :cry:

hi froggy

my mate put a t25 bulk head in his and it was very simple to do the front bench seat ran all the way over to the rear if you get what i mean,so the two seats were looking away from each other and was all covered in one with a lovely curv at the top so that it all run as one
hope this makes sense i have a picture on my phone some were if you want me to find it let me no

cheers
leon

Cant remember the company (at vanfest) that we saw selling them were but they were up near the creche in the spares / breakers section,
Anyone got any names of the traders, had a look on the vanfest site but it still has 2008 details

young_dubya said:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17249

;)
It was this thread that gave me the original idea, then tried to convince the wife :( , saw the parts at vanfest and again couldn't convince her :x then low and behold she changes her mind :evil: so now i left hunting the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Anyone help or ideas on fitting front bench seats? :|

Not sure, have thought about this but really want to be able to adjust drivers seating position, hence wanting a split bench

Latest posts