GB sign - where to locate? Suggestions please....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnysue

Reaction score
We have a '69 Westy which has had a full restoration to his original colours (lotus and cloud white) including the traditional Volkswagen chrome rear badge. We have also got 2 chrome GB letters to add to the back as we intend to travel around Europe in him but can't decide where to put them - opposite the VW lettering on the right hand side of the hatch or lower on the engine hatch on the left or the right. Is there a correct / traditional position for them or is it personal choice?

I was going to buy a nice chrome or cast GB badge but decided it might not look right on the back, so just got a considerably cheaper GB sticker and slapped it on the back window (this morning actually! lol). That way I can remove it when I get home if needs be :msn4:

I put mine up on the roof rack, sorry its not the best pic but only one I have at moment.

ce5ed58678adbc0e221172c70187e119_zps860ff8c5.jpg

I drilled two holes through the bodywork to mount mine.

DSC_2716.jpg

I'm due to replace that rear corner within a year, so I didn't mind drilling the bodywork, which is ruined anyway.

Otherwise, I'd have made a bracket and mounted from the bumper irons :)

Tofufi said:
I drilled two holes through the bodywork to mount mine.

DSC_2716.jpg

I'm due to replace that rear corner within a year, so I didn't mind drilling the bodywork, which is ruined anyway.

Otherwise, I'd have made a bracket and mounted from the bumper irons :)

Nice pic, where was this taken?

8)

Latest posts