• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gearbox

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What have you got now then Dobbo94 , engine and gearbox wise ? Bigger tyres on the back will also give you a better cruising speed but if you haven`t got the horses it will most likely not work too well. There is no substitute for power I`m afraid. I`ll sell you a six rib box but I`m pretty sure a 1600 won`t cope with the ratios. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

Its standard gearbox with 1955 engine . . I 've put 195 70 tyres on but still seems to be revving to high at around 60 . Thanks

Yes, I see where you are coming from now. You really need a six rib box with that. I got your PM and number and I'll give you a text or a call after lunch. I'm in Bristol. My number is
07723 069 937. So you know it's me when I ring.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Where are you ? :mrgreen:

Hi Dobbo. I`m back in the land of the living now. I been up techenders for a nice long weekend up Lutterworth or somewhere like that. I had to decide if I should sell it or not. Yes I got a good six rib box from a bay, and I`ll sell it to make some room for my next work adventure. I wasn`t 100% sure I was gonna sell it as I got a type 4 two litre as well, but hey ho, and off they go. I`m in Kingswood , Bristol, on the ring road almost where it crosses the A420. I`ll sell the gearbox for £950 if you`re interested and if anyone wants the type 4 motor I`d like £1200 for that too.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I believe them both to be very good. :mrgreen:

Latest posts