Getting that 'vintage dash' look

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveangel

Reaction score
One thing that puts me off about the bay windows is the dash (compared to splits). Has anyone got any pics of any mods to the dash to get a more vintage look? Especially when it comes to the steering wheel.

Thanks

I've never heard of anyone modding the dash to make it more 'vintage', the bay dash is what it is, if you get a good uncut dash you would be a mad man to start cutting it up unless you were building a custom bus.

There are a few really good custom buses in the gallery with well made tasteful looking dashes. One dash had a full Porsche 5 gauge pod set grafted into it which really looked the nutts.

daveangel said:
One thing that puts me off about the bay windows is the dash (compared to splits). Has anyone got any pics of any mods to the dash to get a more vintage look? Especially when it comes to the steering wheel.

Thanks

Just buy a split :!:

you cant get any more vintage than 68-72 :wink:

but seriously, you dont wanna mod the dash, what u get is what u get, try a nice chrome period radio or a wood rim steering wheel

:mrgreen:

I think it's the wheel/column to be honest. I am from the early bug era with the nice cream column+wheel and would like that look on the bay.

aogrady said:
Hi!

How about painting them creme? The steering wheel and the stem? Would look quite cool. Nice chrome radio as mentioned earlier

Alistair

That sounds like a wicked idea! Only problem is your making me want to try it!

:D

Maybe try some plasticote paint or suchlike for the wheel? Maybe even some hard paint like smooth hammerite may be ok, dunno, need someone to try on a old wheel.......

Any takers? ;-)

Alistair

Latest posts