Glass holder problems

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mags

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i cannot believe the total **** quality door glass holders that are being sold.
I had to replace one of the glass holders on my bus, the first time I shut the door with the window down I hear a dodgy noise and the window dropped into the door. I take a look and the u channel that is spot welded to the part that bolts to the mechanism has just sheared off as it's just poor quality welding.
I spoke to VWHeritage and they sent me a new one no problem, today I shut the door with the glass down again and the exact same thing happens!
I know VWH will replace it with no problem but the quality of the part is total s****
I think I have a spare, I'm going to see if I can add some additional weld to this before fitting, what a pain in the backside. Anyone else had this?
The pass side is still the orig VW part and no problem at all.
20150704_191724_zpsknofk9kh.jpg

Many moons ago I lived in deepest Wales where it rained a lot and spares were hard to come by in one's hour of need... mine died so I took up the ali carpet edge from the front room and screwed the blighter on, worked a treat and if I am honest the van was sold with it on...... just a thought if you have it happen again !

Haha, nice. I had a spare so I'm going to strengthen this one with weld before I fit it. I was suitably angry on Saturday night when it happened. It's not so much the window channel that's the ball ache its the door membrane that I have to keep removing and re-sealing!

Latest posts