Gutted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cali_bay

Reaction score
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

DSC00931.jpg

Engine, knocking on heavens door.........

i`ve got one of those fancy type 4 engines floating aroud somewhere ....

sparkywig said:
Happens to most of us once, at least you've got it out of the way.

First time in four years, so not too bad I suppose.

I think I would prefer to pay the price of petrol, Simon. :lol:

lhu128l said:
i`ve got one of those fancy type 4 engines floating aroud somewhere ....

Thanks steve, helpful as always :lol:

faux said:
Knowing you Si, you won't be down long.

You'll sort it.

Hi Jon,

I hope so, I've only just put the bloody thing back in :roll:

All good practice I suppose

Thought I would just be enjoying using the bus now, but now got to find out whats what :?:

sorry to hear your news fella. :cry:

i do know how it feels, few to many times for my liking :evil: :evil:

P1000344.jpg

hope it's an easy fix

Maybe we should start a gallery thread on recovery pictures. :lol:

Thanks for all your comments guys, its helping me feel better about it.

:roll: its one of those weekends, I've just taken my dad to the hospital as he is unwell. So sat in the waiting room, to find out what's up. Much more important than a broken engine, so got to keep smiling what ever comes up.

Sorry to read this Simon and the other thread in technical .... I'm sure you will soon get it sorted, and hopefully your Dad back to full health quickly as well

I'm sure if we started a new breakdown trailer thread it would soon rival the general white westy's :lol:
3948026989_05dd650637.jpg

With a bit of luck, mine may be moving under its own power later this month, and it is booked on the euro tunnel for 1 July for EBI so yet again we shall tempt fate with a journey into europe :lol:

sparkywig said:
Hope your Dad gets better soon. :)

Thanks, he's back home now, but still quite poorly. :(

cotswoldiver said:
Sorry to read this Simon and the other thread in technical .... I'm sure you will soon get it sorted, and hopefully your Dad back to full health quickly as well

I'm sure if we started a new breakdown trailer thread it would soon rival the general white westy's :lol:
3948026989_05dd650637.jpg

With a bit of luck, mine may be moving under its own power later this month, and it is booked on the euro tunnel for 1 July for EBI so yet again we shall tempt fate with a journey into europe :lol:

Thanks David,

Can't wait to see yours on the road and in the flesh, looks like its going to be quite special. Hope you make it third time lucky on the euro front.

Heart goes out to you, was hoping when you put the too hot post up it would be something silly and simple and you'd be able to sort it :(

Get the engine and have an exploratory dismantle. You never know what it's going to be for sure til you get it apart.

And it might just be me but always find some quiet time with the spanners taking stuff apart to be very therapeutic when there's other stuff on my mind 8)

Geeze said:
And it might just be me but always find some quiet time with the spanners taking stuff apart to be very therapeutic when there's other stuff on my mind 8)

Thanks :D , I know what you mean, think I'll start the removal tomorrow evening.

It great to have the support here on EB, helps keep the spirits up, Cheers. :)

Feel for you, hope its not too bad.

I came hope by RAC on the way home from buying my bus, 100miles from home, with my 5 year old lad. got home about 3 in the morning. :(

The wife was not happy :roll:

but 3 years later and we laugh about it now, (not the wife she can hold a grudge much longer than that) :lol:

been there too.... our first ever trip in the bus back in about 2003....
happens to the best of us!!!

ernieaa.jpg

:mrgreen: