• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Halfords 5 piece lifting kit - any good?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pellwood

Reaction score
Hi just wondered if anyone is using this kit? its on offer again at £50 which seems reasonable for what you get.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring-tr...acks-axle-stands/halfords-5-piece-lifting-kit

Just wondering if the 2 tonne capacity is up to the job? My handbook says unlaiden weight of a campmobile is 3228 lbs = 1464kg throw in an extra hundred kilos for any additional items of furniture etc. So in theory they are strong enough as I would only really jack up one end at a time.

Here is the spec anyway, what do you guys think??

The Halfords 5 Piece Lifting Kit has everything you need for car maintenance! The set includes plenty of useful stuff to ensure any lifting you need to do is a piece of cake.
Halfords 5 Piece Lifting Kit Extra Info

2 Tonne Trolley Jack with Short Wheel Base has a lifting range of 14cm to 34cm. Made with a durable welded construction
2 x 2 Tonne Axle Stands have a combined weight capacity of 2 Tonne
Padded Car Creeper allows for comfort whilst carrying out under car maintenance
Wheel Wrench with 17/19mm socket allows for a wheel change
2 x Wheel Chocks allow the vehicle to secured in place

I would of thought if anything it must be half decent for Halfords to sell it, not like these dodgy Chinese made ones which will be all over Ebay etc... my only concern would be the reach or height the trolley jack can go, as it may not go high enough for a Camper, to be able to get axle stands in, or even the height of axle stands might not go high enough ???

I would have one of these kits definitely for that kind of money if they do the job....I also think I would get a bigger base welded on the axle stands for better stability.

I have that kit, its not bad, for the price, My van is lowered and it lifts it no worries, however if your stock height its at the limnit of the reach to get the stands in. the stands are adjustable and pretty well made, the creeper is a bit small for me but thats due to my height.

for 50 quid this kit is cheap and handy, I did buy a 3.5 ton trolley jack to supplement this kit

Latest posts