Hard as Nails Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autocraftkid

Reaction score
Just thought I'd post a couple of pics of my brothers og paint early tintop westy :D Hope you all like it :shock:

avonpark004.jpg

avonpark006.jpg

avonpark013.jpg

He never has time to go on forums and sign up to them and not wishing to offend any of you but the bay is just a stop gap measure until his 21 window samba is ready, although I have to admit once hit with the lowering stick the bays can be just as cool as the splits. Splits are our thing though but this one may just change it for us :shock: as we have both grown quite attached to it now, hence the hefty lowering job and rims which were supposed to be going on the samba 8)

wow!

4 inch narrowed front beem?

Very cool bus

Early bays and enkei 5 spokes is a very beautifull combo :wink:

autocraftkid said:
Splits are our thing though but this one may just change it for us :shock: as we have both grown quite attached to it now, hence the hefty lowering job and rims which were supposed to be going on the samba 8)
That's it, come over to the BAY side...

Nice looking bus.
It gives me an idea what mine would look like lowered and I want to paint the bumpers black.

Nice bus dude! great work on the beam there and as has been said a quality job on the wheels.

Welcome to the club!

Axle nut clearance was not a problem with either the wheel or the centre caps, tyre to arch clearance is very close though and would rub if it wasn't for the negative camber from the hefty lowering, clearance would probably be fine if a smaller tyre was used instead though, we are running 195/65R15's, hope this helps you :D

that is one amazing bay, are the front arches tubbed so you can go that low??

Agree with everyone else :D
Looks very sweet and low!
What's the ride like tho'?

The front arches are not tubbed at the moment, the ride is fairly hard but not too bad considering how low it is, probably due to the dropped spindles, it only catches a bit with one person up front but when there are two at the front it rubs all the time, I think arch tubs are on the cards for 2007 when the van comes off the road for a new battery tray, big engine and to resolve some other suspension issues like fitting front shocks properly on such a narrow beam. I'll post some pics when I get round to doing all the work on it :roll:

wicked stance! have to go for it. what splines did you click on the rear? just two outside?
earlies are the next big thing. keep it!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts