have a look at what we've just bought!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi everyone! Thought some of you might be interested to see our new restoration project! Arrived yesterday and we've set up a blog to show our progress. This is a first for us and so any advice throughout the restoration will be much appreciated! We've taken on a big project but hopefully with time itll turn into our dream!

http://www.vwcampervanresto.blogspot.com

enjoy!

Welcome to you and your new van - that interior looks lovely, surely you're not getting rid of it? (Let me know if you are, I might be able to give it a good home!! :D ).

What are your plans for the van and what style /fad/fashion/look are you going for?

;)

Yeah interior is one of the better bits about the bus. The engine had seized and is now removed, it needs lower 6" replacing just about all the way around and complete n/s rear corner. Chassis is in good nick apart from in one place. Just spent all evening after work today cutting the old belly pans off an in the front corner it has eaten through the shassis by the outrigger. Gutted to say the least as thats more work. The list is getting longer.

Placing an order on moday to Schofields for plenty of parts and panels, the let the fun begin!!!!!

No doubt i will be on here most days tearing my hair out and asking for help and advice. I have seen someone posting on here from norfolk, if they read this can they please contact me, coz it would be great to have a friendly face close by.

Whatever you do, dont wreck the interior. Looks like Devon to me, very nice indeed 8) Take care of her and have fun!

WHS^^

you have to keep that interior its a devon tourvette, absolutely lovely condition too...

niceeee 8)

Zack and Nikki, van looks great etc. DON'T RIP OUT THE INTERIOR!!!! If your not going to keep it remove it very very carefully. Someone off here will give you good money as it looks like a very clean and original Devon. I've got a Moonraker from the same era and a better interior I couldn't wish for. Restore and love it is my advice!

It's the exact same interior as in my 68 Devon Caravette. It's gold dust, hang on to it. I'm sure you'd eventually regret it if you ripped it out.
There would be no shortage of takers on here if you do get rid of it.

Doing a brill job there :wink: - have you done anything like this before :?:

If i cant include changing oil filter and spark plugs on a ford focus then no.

Its a learning curve as we go along but proving to be very steep and great fun.

Think im getting addicted tho!!!!

Good Work Guys.....Another Early Bay Saved from a horrible Death.

I hope the interior went to a good home, I still think it would have looked great with a modern twist.

Latest posts