Headlining Install - Sound-proofing and Insulation?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bay-low71 said:
Spoke to Noisekiller peeps at the VoWo show and the eggshell is to thick for standard headlining.... I asked the same question...Ben

Same here - the guy said the eggshell stuff would be too thick to put underneath the headliner.

He recommended the "thinner" stuff instead.

So if it is not possible how did you think I did it?
Believe me it is possible, otherwise I would not have done it.

If you look at my fotos in this thread you can see the arches that strengthen the roof and you can see that the foam is no thicker than these arches. Of course Noisekiller doesn't recommend using Eggshelfoam, because they would go out of business.

Resto-raider said:
So if it is not possible how did you think I did it?
Believe me it is possible, otherwise I would not have done it.

If you look at my fotos in this thread you can see the arches that strengthen the roof and you can see that the foam is no thicker than these arches. Of course Noisekiller doesn't recommend using Eggshelfoam, because they would go out of business.

Noisekiller use egg foam for the roof.

I have just completed mine :mrgreen:

HL7.jpg

i used some dynamat strips to dampen the noise (panel 'boom'), and sheeps wool insulation behind the ply. sheeps wool behind all panels except the doors too (need some attention first). It's pretty low in mositure absorbtion and quick to dry, apparently...

cunning plan said:
Hey buddy, if it helps, I'm using this:

!B6qN()QBGk~$(KGrHqQOKiYEy-bKiK+fBMyIeqFufg~~_12.JPG

High-temperature resistant adhesive spray.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180704440516?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

from MegaVanMats :shadey:

Thanks...... same stuff as I use on my hair ;)

Latest posts