Hello... New"bay" saying hey

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
love it! 8) and you chose a nice colour! im not sure about the laquer as the top coat looks so good i dont think you need it?!

If its laquered, and it chips and peels or you get a scratch, its harder and more expensive to repair and you have to strip the repaint then re-laquer. If you have a well layed top-coat you can retouch and colour sand it back to bling bling shiney! and if competent you can do it your self.

cheers folks for the good comments :D ,

i so can't wait, it's so exciting to see it at this stage, as it feels like it's been taking forever to get the body work done lol,

i decided to do the laquer in the end, though why not while it was stripped down.

can't wait to finally get a drive in it woohoo :wink:

well today has been even more fun fun fun..

it's starting to look more like a van now, anyway heres the good bit

paint012.jpg

paint013.jpg

paint014.jpg

well it's deffo looking like a campervan now, had it out side today and it looks great!! i'm over the moon with the van so far...still smiling about it lol

camper001.jpg

camper002.jpg

camper004.jpg

camper006.jpg

camper008-1.jpg

camper009-1.jpg

irish gerry said:
leedsfestival057.jpg

what went wrong with the old one....rot on the beam and the chassis
bay006.jpg

bay007.jpg

This isnt the first time ive seen this It happened to my mates 75 westy and that was fixed with sum 10mm lazer cut plates welded to the chassis etc . Cheap shit steel in the mid 70s :roll:

Nice delux though you'd have left the lovely stencils on it :wink:

Gadget

well another major job out the way, had the head cloth trimmed today and fitted in to my van, what a difference i'm over the moon with the result. anyhoo some pics 8)
camper005.jpg

camper006-1.jpg

camper007.jpg

camper017.jpg

camper018-1.jpg

camper020.jpg

camper023-1.jpg

camper010.jpg

well beena few weeks....spent a long time playing with the sunroof and almost had it fixed, then had a wee drama with my cables (long story) so looks like it's getting closed up till next year now lol...

but been charging on still! been working away on the interior.

brough interior panels from Just kampers, and my dad decided to have a bash at covering them, and i must say i'm well happy with his work.

the panels them selfs have been a pain to fit. not many of the holes line up with the van so having to drill new holes so they can fit.

i've had a wee drive in it and it's great to finally get a shot, it's beena long time with out my bay,

i'ii be ready for action!!!....hopfully action 08 :lol: 8) :wink:

anyway some pick of how it is so far..
morecamper001.jpg

morecamper004.jpg

morecamper007.jpg

morecamper008.jpg

morecamper015.jpg

morecamper016.jpg

Latest posts