Hello - New project 69 Westfalia

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh hello. You've woken up. ;)
Nice garage. No excuses now. Lets see some van updates.

Things are getting serious now I'm on my 2nd page!

Although I haven't done much work at all on the van over the pass 12 months I have been sourcing parts. :roll:

I decided to go down the Porsche 944 route for the front brakes as I have a set of early dropped spindles ready to fit. I found a chap on ebay selling a home made adapter plate for half the price I could find them anywhere else. When they arrived I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and finish of the parts, however most importantly I'm not sure how well they fit yet.

I have a set of 205 to 130 PCD adapters for the rear to secure my teledials. Has anyone had any experience of fitting 7 inch wheels to the rear of a bay with adapters? Am I going to have clearance issues with 15 x 7's? They are a 52 ET so I was hoping I should just get away with them.

To bring the rear closer to the tarmac I have also got a set of spring plates although I don't know the make they were at a price I couldn't miss.

All of the above meaning I have a great deal of work on the way but with a baby due early March, the better half has prioritised replacing the kitchen!

I tried the teledials on the van today with mixed success. I think i will just get away with the 7 inch wide wheels but only just. On problem i do have is the wheels wont sit flush on the adapter because of some lugs on the rear drums.

I also found that two of the Wheel bolts have been cross threaded at some stage and someone has just "mullered" them back in. Here are some pictures.

Gives an opportunity to show off my new seals and newly painted roof.

I've been looking at the previous owners house over in the Us on google maps. Low and behold on street view there is my van in his yard.

With a little help from my brother I have made a start on fitting beam adjusters. Here are a few action shots.

Latest posts