Help Drop Spindles

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gowans1

Reaction score
Hiya I have an early 68 Bay and I am wanting to lower it on drop spindles, please can anyone tell me what size drop spindles I need as some people are saying 2inch and some are saying 4 inch. The wheel size is 195-50R15 which will be going on the camper and can you also advise where to buy, we live on the Isle of Man and find it difficult to buy. Thank you

Some options for you:-
Wagenswest welded spindles = 2.5" drop but will widen your track.

T2D dropped spindles = 3.5 inch drop no track width added and A better item to buy I would suggest.

I was told last week that Transporterhaus are now defunct, you could try creative engineering but to be honest I found Paul Medhurst of T2D to be very helpful.

Here is my van on T2D spindles and non coilover shocks on a similar tyre choice to yours

ze9etyju.jpg

If your gonna use dropped spindles you probably really want some decent coilovers, there is a thread on this forum reference Gaz coilovers.

And if you want to run at the same height as my van then you really need a narrowed beam as my tyres touch the outer section of the dog leg in the wheel arch when cornering on bumpy roads (again with 2 up front)

Clem from this forum has a nice 68 with narrowed beam and dropped spindles all supplied by T2D, it has a lovely stance.

Latest posts