Stock height bus - Tyre size recommendation for 15 inch rims

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walt

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Interested in what size tyre people are running on 15 inch rims on a stock height bus.

Currently my bus is lowered (Original beam, dropped spindles, adjustable spring plates) with:
Front 175/55 R15 77T
Rear 185/65 R15

Looking to go back to stock height and run same size tyres front and rear - I have an original set of 14 rims, not 100% on if the tyre sizes are correct:
Front/Rear 185/70 R14 88T

So, if going up from 14's to 15's on a stock bus - Would you also size the tyres up to compensate for the increased rim diameter?

Thanks,
Steve

^^^ I run Nexen CT8 195/70/15 all round on wide 5’s, great tyres. Speedo is as close as it’s gonna get, bus is lowered 2” with no problems.

Last edited:
I run 185/65/15 on mine at standard hight. Uniroyal rain expert tyres. Excellent tyres. I’m not worried about the Speedo as I use gps for speed and camera’s etc. (excuse the rough bus it was pre paint… it’s now painted 😎)

Attachments

• IMG_4814.jpeg
    IMG_4814.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
If you're stock height, you could increase the height of the tire a little. Which would make the engine run a little slower, like a poor man's CP gearbox. MOT might complain though.

Latest posts