help with bodywork

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markmason_123

Reaction score
Hi
Hope someone can help. I have a 71 tin top bay. After realising I had a leak in the fan, I have found several holes on the roof at the rear near to the gutter (the previous owner kindly filled the holes and painted over grrrrrrrrrr). The holes extend back by approximately 3" from the gutter. I am just getting into welding but wonder if this is a job best left to someone who knows what they are doing. If so, does anyone know someone who might help in the brighton area. I can either take it to them or they can come to me. Or is it worth having a go? Also, I need the section of body between the boot engine lid and the tailgate (where the boot lid is hinged from) and the angled section of floor between the rear wheel arches. Does anyone know where I could get these parts (hopefully cheap)?
Thanks mark

these must be close mate

Southern Kombi Parts
visit us at http://www.skpvw.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or call us on 01424 893933

alan schofield sell the closing panel which the engine lid hinges on- i fitted one recently where mine had been dented in - think it was about £25. not too bad too fit - just drill out all the spot welds!