Help with early bay fuel tank breather part.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozworth

Reaction score
While my bus is in the body shop I'm having the tank removed and all rubber parts replaced .I placed the order for the parts with custom and commercial .They list one elbow type piece that I think connects the breather pipe from the filler neck to the tank breather and then they list a Rubber T peice that is supposed to be from years 67-79 but I can't see where that goes just from removing the fire wall panel? I can however see a straight peice of Cotten overbraid pipe that looks as if it's joining two sections of the tank breather pipe .
Can someone confirm what tank breather rubber pips are needed to replace all the old Cotten overbraided stuff.

just done my @72 and used fuel pipe for the straight bits and the elbow piece which fits the breather top centre of the tank to the filler neck i got from lime bug and it was a pig to fit as it was too tight, i scalded my fingers using hot water and brute force and swearing to make it fit :shock:

Early bay set up at bottom of page:
http://www.jerseylooker.com/FicheDump/EarlyBaywindow/2-002.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just found out 68-69 buses don't have the breathers that go into the body side vents ,only the later bays have it .So I don't need the T piece .I think c&c might have the years the T pieces were used .

Latest posts