Removing fuel breather tubes? Possible?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENKssen

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

On my 72 crossover I have the original fuel breather system as per this diagram from ratwells,

9a02f0064fb3afead2635869358fb34c.jpg

What I want to know is it possible to completely remove this system, I have taken the engine and tank out of the bus but it seems as though parts 10 and 10A are attached (welded?) to the inside of the rear quarters making them impossible to remove.

Does anyone have any ideas of ways to remove these as ideally I do not want these tubes to be seen through the rear intakes.

The engine and tank will not be going back in (more on that to come in a new post soon :msn4: ;) )

I’ll try and find a photo, the expansion pot or whatever it’s called is attached to the very rear post on the seam by a couple of spot welds if my memory serves me correct on the 72. I can’t see how you can drill them out but I’m thinking maybe you could drive a sharpened nail bar between the two and force them apart the nail bar or bent cold chisel would need a protective sleeve to guard your vent though, something like a load of plastic bottles split to allow them to crease rather than damage the vent. The internal panel can be removed but there is still solid bodywork before you can get at it.

Ozziedog,,,,,these may help :mrgreen:

Haha yes will be an ev conversion :D hoping to get some parts in the next week or two before starting a build thread ... maybe. Depends on how well it goes :lol:

Latest posts