HELP!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi folks.A female friend of mine who lives near the sleaford area is having trouble with her bay.It wont stay running,and when it does run,sounds terrible.This has all happened since she took it to C.A.R.WERKS in lincoln.She paid 300 pounds,and all she asked for was the oil cooler to be replaced and petrol pipe to be moved.Now when it went in,it ran perfect,she has it back,a dog end was found in the engine bay,the old petrol filter was put back the wrong way round,even though she had provided a new one,jubilee clips missing from petrol pipes,battery terminals not tightened,and piece of cooling tinware dropped on to road on the way back.She has complained,but has basically been told to p*ss off. :( .
Now,she has a 76 late bay,but i know someone on here will have a heart....if some one could come and set the engine up for her,it would be good.She will obviously pay but doesnt have a great deal of dosh left after shelling out 300 quid!!
i would do it,but dont know too much,my mate who looks after my single cab is ill.So if anyone could spare an hour or so to help who is in the lincoln,sleaford area, we would appreciate it.the engine is a standard 1600.Please dont let the fact its a late bay put you off!!!!!! hahaha
Thanks folks. :)

She should contact trading standards, photograph everything, record the next call with them and send a recorded delivery mail requesting that all be put right else a full refund provided and compensation for any parts lost or damages by the incompetant service. Don't let her get screwed over mate, support and encourage her...

As above, it isnt going to get her on the road immediately....

send a recorded delivery letter (retain a copy for trading standards) and stress politely all the defects, give them a reasonable time scale to put it right (within the month) or compensate and get straight onto trading standards.

If the vehicle is urgently needed then get it put right and push for reimbursement of orignal fee and cost of remedial work.

Make sure you keep in touch with trading standards and make sure the garage are aware that a small claims will be lodged if dissatisfied with the response.

Latest posts