Heritage new engines

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed.

Reaction score
Thinking of getting a new heritage 1776.

Anyone got any experiences of these?

How well are they built etc?

Thanks Ed

ed. said:
Thinking of getting a new heritage 1776.

Anyone got any experiences of these?

How well are they built etc?

Thanks Ed

I got a new 1641, seems very well built and is running well. No complaints from me, I assume the 1776 will be similar.

Yes we can certainly help with your Earlybay Discount,

We also now offer a fitting service if required.

Feel free to call the team on 01273 444 000 and ask for George he is best placed to help you.

Alternatively if you have any direct questions feel free to email me [email protected] and I will do my bets to help.

Cheers

Alex

:mrgreen:

Hi ed, I got a new 1641 from these guys at Heritage through Alex. When I was waying up the options, this seemed the best option for me and I just hoped it was all it was cracked up to be.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, It was!!! :lol: :shock: :roll: :shock: :lol:

I don't have one but have heard only good things and would recommend.

They may not be the cheapest option but I think they offer good value for money.

The parts are new rather than refurbished. It's a good company that looks after its customers and its reputation, plus with a solid guarantee it's worth paying for quality and peace of mind.

On top of which, if Alex says they are good you can believe it, he knows his stuff and has a very quick bus of his own.

Answered a few questions....

However did you have to exchange the old engine unit and pay the £300 deposit on top?

Maybe if Alex is around he could answer this...

Thanks

The brand new units are an outright purchase so no exchange needed. If you have a running engine to sell on it could work out about the same price for a new versus remanufactured when you take that into account

Just be very careful on remanufactured engines. Do a lot of research before you go down this route. There are a lot of idiots out there building engines and they seem to have a strong following from people that would buy magic beans if you offered them to them. My favourite quote from a fan of an engine builder was "I've been running a XXe engine in my bus for the last 3 years and would buy another tomorrow" why would you need to...

Just a little update, just had a run down to Dubs At The Beach on Friday and did the little cruise today then rolled back this evening. The first time I`ve even leaned on the pedal a little because I`ve clocked over 2K now and just changed oil again. It was great and I`m very satisfied. The only thing is I`m not using any oil, and I like to check my oil before I leave to go any where and again before I come back, If I stop enroute I check it again. I`m still checking but I`m not using any :? I just feel a bit daft as I keep on checking it and I`m not using / losing any. I used to quite like topping up my oil periodically :roll: But I guess I can live with that :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It`s a good un :mrgreen:

All very positive, but these are currently being slagged to bits on vzi.

Shame Alex has just gone away and can't defend them.

I've got a 1600 fitted a year ago by doug in angmering, some problems with fueling and points but that is more to do with old parts of the actual camper, Running great after 2000 mile service, you need someone who has had one for 4 + years, I want to get loads of miles done whilst it is under warranty.

I have a new 'Heritage 1641 engine in our van and can highly recommend one. 500 miles running in then 1800 miles over 10 days during a tour to, and around Le Bug Show. The engine pulled like a train with the van fully loaded and neither used nor lost any oil. Like any new engine, follow the running in instructions to the word and service it regularly and you'll have a cracking engine. Make sure the timing and fuelling are set up correctly also. I toyed with a 1776 but the 1641 does everything I need. I wouldn't listen to anything posted on VZI as it's (mostly) full of Del Boys and boy racers....in my opinion! ;)

Latest posts