Hesitation going uphill

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gar

Reaction score
Took my van out for a camping trip at the weekend. Drove fine for about and hour without any trouble and then once we hit a hill she starts to hestitate if thats the right word. Feels like driving through a puddle even though the road is dry. Once we hit a flat or driving down hill is fine just till the next incline when the hesitation starts again. Any ideas or advice where to look would be appreciated. :roll:

What gear are you going up the hill in?

Depending on your motor if its really steep you'll need to be dropping down the box to get up it - mine certainly slows down on hills although its okay in fourth on longer inclines

I don't think its an issue with the gears as the van goes fine uphill for around an hour and then after that well maybe hesitation might not be the word . The van seem to be a bit "jerky" going up an incline if you know what I mean.

Hi, highly unlikely unless the hill is very steep...but how much fuel is in the tank? Possible fuel starvation? I know mine 'hickups' if you go up a steep hill or take a right hander quickly when the tank is below quarter full...
Cheers
Al

Have you checked your points gap / timing?

Have you checked your coil?

I have had similar issues in the past with miss/hesitation at about 30 ish in third going up hills

Firstly the points gap kept closing up due to a worn points screw thread

and secondly with the coil breaking down after half an hour or so driving

Cheers for the advice and now have an idea where to look. Thanks.

Latest posts