Hessisch

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathan

Reaction score
Thinking of doing Hessisch and EBI next year, does anyone know if there's a convoy from the uk? We're coming from the north west and would be good to go in a group.
Cheers All.

There is a convoy from BBT near Antwerp to Hessisch.
Been on the last two and it's great fun. It's a long drive to Hessisch though!

Yep, I did the BBT 25th anniversary cruise to Hessich Oldendorf; one of the best trips - six lane filling station on the autobahn totally chocca with aircooleds of every description.....really good vibe.I stayed out in a hotel in a nearby town, with hindsight camping in H.O would have been more fun. Next time!

Ed

ill be doing hessich and ebi.
going from hull then to bbt then onto hessich.
jolly round Germany making way back to ebi then back home via hull

Planning on doing Hessich next year too setting off from Mayport. Mate is coming too but setting off from Middlesbrough.

Hull to Rotterdam then on to HO. BBT is about 60 miles out of the way from there though so will probably not go on the cruise.
Not sure if travelling to Zeebruge is any better but its a more expensive route. :(

Has anyone booked ferry tickets or campsites or anything yet?
Trying to work out if i can afford a European road trip next year.
Looks like its about £450 for the ferry from Hull-Rotterdam for 2 with a cabin.

Hi I just looked and to sail wed night at 8.30pm from Hull to rotterdam with me and the wife and me two youngest kids is £158 return to come back Sunday afternoon. It looks a good show guys like the sound of that.

Seriously thinking about doing Hessisch , I would ship my bus to Rotterdam from the States but I want to do that BBT cruise.
Sounds like a great time. Can't stay long enough for EBI but I have heard Hessisch is a must for a VW nut.

What day and time roughly does the bbt cruise set off. Any recommendations for places to stay between Hessisch and Chimay? Thanks Paul

BBT cruise sets off early - mid morning Friday.

Between Hessisch and Chimay good cities to stay at are Cologne, Koblenz and Maastricht. All have campsites right by the river.

Something to consider re the convoy - it doesn't get to Hessisch until mid/late afternoon on the Friday. This means that by the time one has got sorted on the campsite or whatever one has missed virtually the whole of the first day, the parts market etc.
If you've got the time why not plan to arrive in Hessisch on the Thursday PM (like I do, albeit flying in) so that you are in situ and rested ready for a full on Friday.

Can anyone suggest a camp site,for HO . Looked at the web site and could not work the camping out. Looks like you rock up and pay no preregistration.

The official camping is just outside town on a sports field. No need to register, just turn up.
Best to get there before the BBT cruise shows up though.

Do the BBT cruise until the last pit stop then just carry on to Hessisch. Worked for me last time....

Latest posts