Hi to all , new to the site .

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poptop2

Reaction score
Hi to all , i am new to this site although not really new to bays or vws .
i have been a member for some time but just got around to posting a introduction ( how on earth do you add a avatar to your profile ) the reason being - i have a m reg westy made in sept 72 and is classed as historic but is really a early/late - late/crossover :) -confused i am .
It has to be said having owned two early bays in thelate70s / early 80s i think the late bays got it RIGHT thats right , right
( oi ! ) ) but i set out to buy a westy conversion anyway, i was pleasantly surpised to find later that it was made in 72 so tax exempt but has all the asthetic and practical advantages of a late -- i do love earlys really but found them lacking in some areas - power and handling being the main gripe , but i would not say no if someone gave me a one - love the steppy bit as you get in the cab on an early .
These are some pics of my van , - apart from all the fresh metal being supllied by vwh and schofields , the recovered interior , the empi's , the steering wheel and exhaust she is original :roll: .

Anyway for your perusal i present - Rhubarb the westy
rhubarb045.jpg
vwresto020.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vwresto003.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vwresto017.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vwresto013.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vwresto019.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vwbayrust009.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please be kind - i know she does'nt quite fit the earlybay requirements -but i think she is pretty good.

Here's a pic of my first early taken in mid wales around about 1986 ish

[img]http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/poptop2/thelatebay%20posting%20pics/ourvwbayandbazsstagnight003.jpg

Looking forward to meeting and corresponding with y'all :D

Is it me but why join EARLY bay forum then say the crossover / lates are better ?
Maybe its me but surely you want the LATE bay forum. :)

poptop2 said:
It has to be said having owned two early bays in thelate70s / early 80s i think the late bays got it right Anyway for your perusal i present - Rhubarb the westy
rhubarb045.jpg

vwresto020.jpg

vwresto003.jpg

vwresto017.jpg

vwresto013.jpg

vwresto019.jpg

vwbayrust009.jpg

Please be kind - i know she does'nt quite fit the earlybay requirements -but i think she is pretty good.

ourvwbayandbazsstagnight003.jpg

Has Hailfrank put you upto this :lol:
Let the wargames begin :fighting0040:

froggy said:
poptop2 said:
It has to be said having owned two early bays in thelate70s / early 80s i think the late bays got it right Anyway for your perusal i present - Rhubarb the westy
rhubarb045.jpg

vwresto020.jpg

vwresto003.jpg

vwresto017.jpg

vwresto013.jpg

vwresto019.jpg

vwbayrust009.jpg

ourvwbayandbazsstagnight003.jpg

Has Hailfrank put you upto this :lol:
Let the wargames begin :fighting0040:
Hailfrank - now that rings a bell , was he roman ?.

When i say i prefer lates , i am not dissing earlys in the slightest ( after all i have owned both types ) i just think lates are the finished product ,after all bays are bays and i love em all :)

poptop2 said:
When i say i prefer lates , i am not dissing earlys in the slightest ( after all i have owned both types ) i just think lates are the finished product ,after all bays are bays and i love em all :)

Oh do behave :oops:

Evning.
Tidy van you have there 8)
Need to move the indicators down though.

Rich

P.S Yes, he's a Latebay member :mrgreen:

Can you see indicators that low down , i thought that was why they put em up high it was part of the improvements they made in 72 - can i be a member of both as i love em equally and i am a crossdresser albeit a late developer :) ,
Malc

Nice looking at your van again PoPtop2..

You'll find the right home for you one day..

http://www.crossdresserbay.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers baghead , hows it hangin -
i did think people would say welcome aboard but same old story for us confused people - shunned by normal society :)

Hi Malc,

are you the same "Poptop" on TLB who seems to have a strong dislike of EB's? if not then i apologise, why you have brought your wooden spoon over with you? no need.

im moving you to the gallery as the EB policy if your thread is pic heavy.

Hi j - yes that me , but can i ask you to retract a couple of your comments , strong dislike of eb def not true in the least , i love em , and as for the wooden spoon bit - its just friendly banter ,which i like but the way you worded that makes me worry i may not enjoy this site , i think you should read all my postings on tlb it may give you a better insight into my fellings about our beloved vehicles.
i may do another intro without the banter as there def seems to be sense of humour bypass on here at times --we are all deadly serious about our vans and keeping them on the road for others to admire and enjoy , but we need to enjoy it too :)
bays , splits t25s love em all especially a/c models :| Well Lou love's splittys - i can't honestly say i do , i appreciate them but not a great fan :oops:

sorry Malc, for me reading it and not knowing you, it doesnt look like friendly banter, it looks like blatant stirring looking for a reaction and theres no real need for that. There are no sense of humour bypasses on here? we love having a laugh, especially at ourselves. The tone of your first post wasn't at all funny, it seemed quite serious? i do apologise if i and some others picked you up wrong?

No offense, but we are a friendly site and im sure Frank and myself dont want any stupid turf wars. i hope you can understand.

Johnny said:
sorry Malc, for me reading it and not knowing you, it doesnt look like friendly banter, it looks like blatant stirring looking for a reaction and theres no real need for that. There are no sense of humour bypasses on here? we love having a laugh, especially at ourselves. The tone of your first post wasn't at all funny, it seemed quite serious? i do apologise if i and some others picked you up wrong?

No offense, but we are a friendly site and im sure Frank and myself dont want any stupid turf wars. i hope you can understand.
Its called tongue in cheek humour , not meant to be offensive at all , big on tlb- Hf gets it :)

poptop2 said:
Marvel said:
poptop2 said:
not meant to be offensive at all , big on tlb- Hf gets it :)

Hailfrank gets a lot of stuff. He has huge pots of cream for it!! :lol:

i heard that too - oh shite now he will blackball me :D

he will after reading this on TLB :lol: :lol: :lol:

poptop2 said:
to be even more honest i prefer the look of early westy bays or late bays with a early westy conversion .

Latest posts