High-roofs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fig

Reaction score
After searching for several months this year for a working ice cream kombi, I found that several high-roof buses followed me home. ;)

While searching for the ice cream van, I was offered a rusty 76 Brazilian baysplit hybrid with a high-roof conversion, which I bought only because it was so cheap. At the time I had a wanted ad for an ice cream kombi or a high-roof to convert myself.

I found my 77 ice cream kombi for sale at the roadside in a small town and a week later was offered a 71 high-roof camper, which I decided to buy to convert into an ice cream kombi / mobile coffee shop. The seller and I agreed on the price, but I left him with the bus until he sorted out the papers. In the meantime I bought a stash of baywindow parts that happened to include ... yes, you guessed it, another high-roof bus, this one a 72 panel. I collected both of them this weekend.

So 2013 has been my year of the high-roof, as I have acquired four of them in the past few months.

71 high-roof camper (built on a Microbus base):
1143129.jpg

1143128.jpg

1143127.jpg

Semi-complete home-made camper interior (love the home-made swivel seats):
1143123.jpg

1143124.jpg

Now I have four high-roofs! (Not to mention the funky, unique, 59 split bus camper):
1143126.jpg

1143125.jpg

72 high-roof panel (factory fitted; note the bulkheads up to the top of the high-roof):
1143131.jpg

Latest posts