Hot start relay fitting instructions

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanFan71

Reaction score
Hi

I am new to the forum and introduced by a cool Dutch guy on holiday in his van in France. We discussed a starter problem I have had on 2 road trips where the cause has been connections to the starter. This has been a nuisance on our hols but united Europe with push starting help! He mentioned it is common and a trick is to install a 'hot start relay' in the engine bay?

I have bought one but don't know what to do with it? Anyone done this? Is it a reserve for if a problem occurs and you continue to use conventional starting set-up? Any security issues?

Ta
Neil

my last van used to turn over real slow on the starter and i did this and it made it much better to be fair. Just google imaged this;

relay.gif

Thank you for this it is really helpful. My fault is nothing when I turn the key. Thankfully it started off the key on Eurotunnel!

Neil

I bought one from JK to supplement my new wiring loom. The relay came with no instructions :? I returned it and bought one from Peter at Volksgoods for around £15. Top quality and comes with instructions :D

Thank you for the tip

I think I will do the same. Strange it didn't come with instructions. Normally I have found JK great.

Ta
Neil

Really good link. I will need to buy some wire to complete the job but I am now much wiser.

Ta

Latest posts