How does this fit?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not seen one of those before. Is it to keep your curtains tucked in when you open and close your slider ? I don’t actually have curtains though :eek:
id be looking if it fits down inside the inner bit of the window rubber with the straightest bit with the kink and the lip facing the glass so that it’s using the spring tension provided by the rubber to keep it tight against the glass so you then slide your curtains behind the lip edge where your thumb and forefinger are resting in the middle pic. But that doesn’t explain the curved bit on one end unless that’s how you insert it initially . Looks about the length of the sliders glass though. :unsure:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, we all like a conundrum dunt us :)

Thanks Ozzie, I’ve just had another look on the Paruzzi website where I bought from. It appears to fit under the curtain track and hooks into the body of the van where the ply roof is. It’s for westfalia models.
I’m not that keen on fitting it that way as my curtain track is nicely rivetted on and i don’t want to disturb it.

The plastic strip was intended to solve a problem that, in my opinion, does not exist.

It was supposed to keep sliding door grease away from your curtains.

I opted not to re-install mine after restoration and my curtains are still entirely unsullied, unlike my mind.

Last edited:
The plastic strip was intended to solve a problem that, in my opinion, does exist.

It was supposed to keep sliding door grease away from your curtains.

I opted not to re-install mine after restoration and my curtains are still entirely unsullied, unlike my mind.
I assume you meant ‘does not exist’
You may be right it’s not that big a deal, grease on the curtain. I thought it may be a simple slot in and that my Westy must have had one before but unfortunately it doesn’t look like it’s simple😂
I also wanted the plastic there above the door to stop me banging my head when I get in and out 🤓

Last edited:

Latest posts