How Low should I go?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outoftheblueintothe

Reaction score
Bit of help peeps

I have just bought a 1972 pickup and it needs lowering....... front is sorted with an adjustable beam - rear needs to sorted via splines the question is How many should I go.

I had a splittie before that was 2 splines and no reduction boxes and that seamed OK - as in it was still very useable :roll:

Question is I suppose 2 or 3 splines - pictures and comments would be great peeps

Cheers ;)

If the fronts down by 2 1/2 to 3 inches then id go 1 spline.
If the fronts any lower than that id go 2.

Rich

gone 2 splines so when the engine is back in lets see where that leaves me.... fronts on adjusters so we should be able to get "The Stance" right

;)

outoftheblueintothe said:
gone 2 splines so when the engine is back in lets see where that leaves me.... fronts on adjusters so we should be able to get "The Stance" right

;)
hopefully it wont be the same for you but i went down 2 splines on the rear and when i put the engine back in the spring plates had hardly any travel. not too sure but i believe to go down 2 splines at the rear you'll need to notch the spring plates, someone else on here will advise. i ended up taking the plunge (and spending more money :lol:) with slamwerks adjustable spring plates.

does anyone know what the standard height of the front is ie from the lower mid point of the front arch to the floor?

curly head said:
outoftheblueintothe said:

;)
hopefully it wont be the same for you but i went down 2 splines on the rear and when i put the engine back in the spring plates had hardly any travel. not too sure but i believe to go down 2 splines at the rear you'll need to notch the spring plates, someone else on here will advise. i ended up taking the plunge (and spending more money :lol:) with slamwerks adjustable spring plates.

does anyone know what the standard height of the front is ie from the lower mid point of the front arch to the floor?

I'm down 2 splines at the back and it's fine. 3 splines is a different matter though....