I need your opinion. What would you do?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk

Reaction score
Okay, I built my EB off a red one I found in a junkyard. See the full story here:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=15052" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My issue is, that I never really liked red. I mean, I built it at the time, and yeah its fun, but I am seriously considering buying a rolling shell in a different color and swapping all my shit over. Is that odd? I mean, I would really like a green bay (which I love) or any with a sunroof. Most of my good stuff could come over, like motor, trans, suspension, etc, but I finally got the wiring sorted perfectly, and all the brakes are new. And, I would be lying if I said I wasnt some attached to the old girl. I dont want to start all over, but Im bored. I liked the fun of the build, and seeing a new bus come together. Driving it for the first time. You know. Ive got so much into it, Ill never break even, so I thought about doing it this way. Now I know you will say "paint it", but Im an OG paint snob. I like it that way. Besides, I have some rust issues, etc, and I dont want to roll a show winner. Am I far off base in my thoughts? I REALLY want to hear your opinions. Being in the USA, I can find rust free rollers pretty cheap, so thats not an issue, and really, the red bus is pretty rust free too. ARRGh. Help?

What say ye?

DSC05765vi-vi.jpg

IMG_1376-vi.jpg

IMG_1468-vi.jpg

IMG_1478-vi.jpg

_1255607165_31268000_5710517_n-vi.jpg

_1413127709_30648265_2959383_n-vi.jpg

yeah do it - if you have the time & space! It sounds to me that you like the chase as well as the catch,so re building a bus kinowing you have all the gear at hand sounds like great fun.

if you get bored of your green bus, you could always go red again!!

finding a rust free bus alone in any colour is difficult over here so that would hamper a uk project,but, if you can source one easy enough then why not!

Cheers - Rob

I would leave as is but take that bar off the front ;)

Tell you what Kirk, buy a green one and I'll buy the red one off you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You should have kept that elm green one thats sat in my unit and I've also got a 1970 Delta Green one as well!!

Keep the red and build a green one as well, you obviously love the thrill of the build so go for it. Plus you get to roll one super cool bus while you're building the next.
8)

Graham L said:
Tell you what Kirk, buy a green one and I'll buy the red one off you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You should have kept that elm green one thats sat in my unit and I've also got a 1970 Delta Green one as well!!

No shit. I've thought about that elm green one more often than not. Delta Green? Wonder if this is the first time someone in the USA wanted to import a Brit bus to build. :D

Kirk

The Delta Green is a LHD that I bought from Oregon last year, similar condition to the Elm Green one!!

L1010889.jpg

Yeah. That would work for sure. That green is perfect for the vintage lettering I have planned. Damn. :cry:

You should build the bus you want by swapping everything over. It's still affordable for you and I to do that because these vehicles are so undervalued.

I bet one of these guys on the board will buy your red shell.

I have the same issue with my convertible- I don't like red but it's what it was originally. For some reason I have an issue with changing the color- it's like a woman getting "augmented". It can look hot as hell but it's still artificial and doesn't feel right.

Well... maybe it's not quite the same. :lol:

I'm currently looking for a sunroof shell, so help a brother out, eh? :D

Kirk said:
Wonder if this is the first time someone in the USA wanted to import a Brit bus to build. :D

i thought RHD was all the rage in the US, they command bigger money than LHD dont they?

Kirk said:
Did you just say you dont like fake hooters, especially whilst jabbed in your direction in a dark bar while some garbled rap music plays in the background as they call the next girl to the stage? Really? :shock:

You can mail your man card directly to me to save me the trouble of having to come claim it and slap you in the face. :lol:

No, what I said was they look hot as hell, but when it comes down to it, it's still artificial and doesn't feel right.

I doubt you're gonna get to touch anything in your "dark bar" scenario unless you plan on leaving with a bouncer's boot in your mouth.

Not to mention that gawking at fake hooters hardly makes you a man. :roll:

You might want to find some other guy with a "Man Card" to help you find your sunroof bus... :lol:

LEEP said:
Kirk said:

No, what I said was they look hot as hell, but when it comes down to it, it's still artificial and doesn't feel right.

I doubt you're gonna get to touch anything in your "dark bar" scenario unless you plan on leaving with a bouncer's boot in your mouth.

Not to mention that gawking at fake hooters hardly makes you a man. :roll:

You might want to find some other guy with a "Man Card" to help you find your sunroof bus... :lol:

It was a jokes man, a joke. I dont go to titty bars. I'm married. Makes the missus happier that way. :lol: ;)

I got the joke dude, I was just tossing one back to ya :lol:

No worries man, there's no beef, I'm not one for internet battles
:fighting0040:

However, I did find you a sunroof bus, real cheap.

http://modesto.craigslist.org/pts/1689616070.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unfortunately the sunroof is not original :50:

Boy these smilies are pretty fun to eff around with!

Oof. He's gonna have a hard time getting rid of that one. Towed my ass. :mrgreen:

Latest posts