• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ignition & column housing (bit between the column and dash)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have a new boxed Hella ignition barrel (2 keys) that will fit this £20 (not L or R code though), or have a good used R code barrel I could build to your key £25...

and I also have the matching powdercoated early outer steering column £15 (between the housing pictured above and the cab floor)

Thanks Matt for your response. Unfortunately I only require the grey cast metal housing which I know I can buy new from C. And C. For £60. I'm not desparate (yet), but I'll hang on to your pm for a while. Thanks again, Maurice.

Thanks Matt for your response. Unfortunately I only require the grey cast metal housing which I know I can buy new from C. And C. For £60. I'm not desparate (yet), but I'll hang on to your pm for a while. Thanks again, Maurice.

Are you sure -C&C want £89.99 for just that part - http://www.customandcommercial.co.uk/vw-baywindow/baywindiw_interior_parts/steering_wheel_ignition--and--steering_tube_parts/genuine_vw_ignition_barrel_housing_with_steering_lock_bus_71-74_22443/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They also want £199 for the housing ;)

Admittedly I was looking at 2014 catalogue but S92221 without steering lock was 59.99 and S29112 was 69.99.

Matt, just checked c and c on my IPad. Unbelievable . My 70 steering block last year. S29113 69.99. This year 199.99. My barrel housing last year 59.99 .S92221 this year 69.99. I am in the process of attempting to repair my igniTion barrel housing spring loaded guide peg. If I fail I'll definitely get in touch and hope yours hasn't sold. Maurice.

Hi Matt, Just to let you know I as was successful in making a new spring loaded peg inside the barrel housing and it is all working. Surprising how cost (or rarity) can be a spur to innovation. Sorry to have messed you about. Your switch is worth it at c&c's prices. Maurice.

Latest posts