Ignition Key

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluecheetah99

Reaction score
Dear all,

My girlfriend was out in the camper yesterday and reported when she got back that she couldn't get the key out of the ignition. I went and had a look and it was quite stuck. I did think just before I pulled it out that it would be better to be stuck in than stuck out but then it came out and yip you guessed it, it doesn't go all the way back in, more like 75%.

Any ideas what may have happened and any suggestions as to how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance

Daniel

First try lubricating (WD40 or better still penetrating oil with graphite) and then gently easing/exercising with the key.

If that does not work then its likely one or more tumblers are damaged inside the lock which means removing it. If your handy with small fiddly work then you may be able to fix it - otherwise you will have to replace it.

Yeah sounds like a spring or two has disintergrated in there and will require a bit of jiggling but to be honest its going to be an ignition out

Tec how to...it can be done in situ..
http://www.specialpatrolgroup.co.uk/spooky/barrel/barrel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts