Ignition wiring - I think I've missed summat

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james_stan

Reaction score
Hi All

Had to take apart the ignition lock to check code (another story in General). Any how I went to connect back up the switch which has 4 wires
Black, Red, Red plus Black and Brown There was an 'empty' 2 terminal connector for the solid Black and solid Red with matching colours the other side so I connected those up - but what to do wit the Red/Black and Brown. The diagram n Samba shows the red connecting to the light switch and red/black to teh starter motor. So unlike the situation I found. but I cannot find a spare connection.

Maybe the red/black shoul go to the two terminal connector and red to the light switch.. Only I don't recall disconnecting anything from any light switch..

Hmm..

Thanks. So As I suspected I got t wrong! Red/black to the two terminal connector and the Red somehow back to light switch - should be 'fun'..

PS Do you know if the numbers in the diagram correspond to wire gauge in square mm - as per domestic electrics?

Latest posts