Ikea 2kg dry powder fire extinguisher

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoPower-NoResp

Reaction score
i just bought a fire extinguisher for the van from ikea for £20 with the family card discount. Seems quite a good deal, possibly slightly larger than I'd planned to get, but i might appreciate it one day!

Has anyone else gone for a 2kg, and if so where do you keep it?

Got one of these fitted to the side of the unit behind the seat bulkhead. You can see the bottom of the extinguisher in the 2nd pic.

009-30.jpg

002-12.jpg

Ive got a 2kg one and cable-tied the bracket to the heater totem tube at the front, sits well there and easy to get to :msn4:

Hopefully you won't be needing it, powder means a lot af damage once you used it :(

Cool thanks for the responses. The totem pole is a good idea, hadn't thought of that.

What would you suggest instead of powder if you don't want to make a mess?

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Lather is good, no damage only a bit wet.
But no damage to electrics or anything ;)

Foam is best for no mess, if you use powder rinse it off rapidly. also if you have a couple or more extinguishers it isn't a good idea to mix them (foam works by cooling and powder works by smothering - one can in theory remove the benefit the other has done.) i've got a small powder behind the drivers seat for any cab related fire such as a dodgy wire, a foam firetec in the engine bay and i carry a big foam one in the van itself for proper emergencies such as on campsites or if i saw a fire in another van

Latest posts