Info about renting industrial unit for personal use...?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 422

Reaction score
So I'm looking for a garage/workshop/unit to rent locally in Wrexham to work on the bus (and all the other projects after that...). Our garage at home is a small single, and is full of the other half's beetle & all my tools.

I've spotted the local council renting an 'industrial unit' which is only 115sq feet (14 sq metres)(thinking about it, it may just be too small...), but it's cheap and secure.

Obviously there'd be electric bills ontop, but I'm assuming it's set up for business rates.

Are any of you guys renting something similar for personal use, and avoiding paying business rates? Is it a possibility?

Finding somewhere big enough to work on the bus is proving a nightmare, and there's no scope for making our garage here any bigger either :(

Thanks for any help guys

Matty

The government has put a small business rate relief on units under 1600sq ft.
But I think it's upto the local authority wether they award it to you or not???

I'm not paying any on my business premises this year or last.

You will need insurance & water/drainage rates tho!!!

that size will fall in the rates relief anyway,i havent been paying rates since 2010 and my unit is alot bigger than that so you should be ok till mid 2013 when the gov will probably extend the relief for another year :mrgreen: hopefully

Latest posts