Insurance Dilemma + Peter James Insurance & DAS Breakdown?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshaker

Reaction score
Hi all

Renewal time and I've been looking at getting some multi car quotes.

Renewal quotes:
Elise S1 (REIS) - £382 (£300 excess) - 7000 miles
Camper (Carole Nash) - £154 (£200 excess) - 5000 miles - inc UK & Euro AA cover
Austin Mini Van (Carole Nash) - £144 (£100 excess) - 5000 miles - inc UK & Euro AA cover

So, we're looking at a total of £690, with variable excesses.

Had a multi quote from Peter James Insurance for all three:

£388 (excess = Elise @ £220, Camper @ £250, Mini @ £100) - Unlimited miles - inc UK and Euro Breakdown supplied by DAS (inc homestart for Elise).

I'm currently a member of the AA as a private member, mainly in order to get the parts and labour cover. I'm thinking of cancelling that …. although its been useful this last year.

Anyway, it looks like a no brainer really @ £388 for all three ……. so I'm wondering if it is all too good to be true?

Specifically and experiences/stories relating to:

1. Peter James Insurance

2. DAS Breakdown

All thoughts appreciated.

I've never used them, but have heard good things about Peter James insurance.

I believe they were founded by one half of Footman James insurance...

Have you tried RH insurance? I'm 25 and insured (as the only driver) on a 3.5 V8 saloon with engine and gearbox mods for under £100/yr. :)

Heebee_GB said:
Cherished use DAS breakdown. Only ever called them out once and the AA turned up!

Broke down yesterday on our holiday to Newquay, only got 40 miles from home before the front wheel bearing collapsed, fine for the MOT the previous week :roll: ...rang DAS Breakdown, as part of the Cherished Insurance package, (which i renewed a few weeks back) I advised required a flatbed, and we had very young children, was treated quickly, and escalated to the 1st available, which was a AA truck.

Shame little Billy enjoyed the journey so much he screamed all the way back home.....oh the joys.......over 60 mins before he tired himself out. Bless...it's hard work being 19 months old.

The AA man was very patient and professional, not a word was said....but i bet he was screaming under his breath...

No problem with the DAS service, it covers only 1 onward journey, the AA man kindly dropped of the bus at Restohaus, and dropped us off home, which was only down the road...

Alistair

ok, thanks all ……. i've tried a couple of others and am waiting for them (Peter Best and RH) to get back to me but it seems a good quote.

Pleased to hear that DAS use the AA.

Latest posts