Interior flooring options

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mags

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm refreshing my interior and would like to go for carpet or sisal/jute in the back. Interested to know of any recommendations of where you can buy a suitable sized piece of carpet etc that's suitable for the back of the dub?

Thanks
Mags

Just bought the full sisal/jute Amber Malay cab set (with kick boards too) from Madmatz. Great, great quality. I looked into the cargo area too. They do them, but cover the whole floor area. If your furniture is in situ, and you don’t want to move it, they asked for a ‘template’ of the area you want fitted. If it’s a simple oblong or square to simply throw down, then you’ll need something underneath I suppose. I’ve got some 1980s really good/thick/hard wearing quality laminate down. So a mat, still thinking of choice, on top just keeps it tidy when you want to shake sand or kiddies broken biscuits off!

In my old bus I had sisal type matting in the back. I used three different types as it did wear a bit over time - each time I bought a large mat from Ikea and cut it to size.

Cool thanks all. Originally I really wanted the whole Madmatz front end set but when I saw how the untrimmed edges go in time (around the pedals etc) it put me off.
The cargo mat is fully edged though so that's good news.
I have a Danbury so I can refit the furniture on top of the mat, I originally didn't want to do this because of the way the 2 seats slide back to be a microbus but I can fit the runners on top of the mat and maybe with a little spacer they will slide over the mat.
I'll contact Madmatz though as a custom removable mat would probably be the best option all round for cleaning.
I'm going for a red sisal version which feels a bit brave so when it's all done I'll get some photos up. It's been a few years since the bus was restored so the interior is long overdue.

Mags

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Latest posts