Interior Panel Removal

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Padwah

Reaction score
I'm halfway through replacing the interior playwood panels in my '71 westy and seeing as I started last year it's probably about time I finish the job!

Anyway, two questions really:

• How do you remove the sliding door and tailgate panels? do the brass caps just pop off and there are screws underneath?
  • Can you remove the wood headliner without removing the cupboard and locker?

Cheers for any advice!

How do you remove the sliding door and tailgate panels? do the brass caps just pop off and there are screws underneath?

They aint caps, they are clips that pushfit into holes in the metal panel. I just levered mine out with a flat blade (broke a couple tho) :(

AGC said:
How do you remove the sliding door and tailgate panels? do the brass caps just pop off and there are screws underneath?

They aint caps, they are clips that pushfit into holes in the metal panel. I just levered mine out with a flat blade (broke a couple tho) :(

Likewise - I ended up ripping off the wood and removing them afterwards as you can get behind them and push them out at the same time as levering - thankfully my newton panels went back in with the same behind panel clips as the doors

Cheers guys, looks like I'll be getting the flat bladed screw driver out again!

Latest posts