Interior panels - Dimensions

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tintop

Reaction score
Hi all

Now the outside is complete i'm moving my intentions inside the van.

Does anyone have the dimensions of the interior panels (wood) mine are not all there.

Also having seen some of your excellent upholstering work can anyone help and advise me of how much material i'd require to upholster the panels.

I used my old panels as templates so not sure of the measurements, the amount of material you need depends on how many panels you are covering, (kick panels etc). i also made panels for the rear corners to help stop condensation. after you have measured the rough dimensions of each panel, allowing for the overlap all round each panel (1 inch allround should be plenty) , you will need to find the width of the material you want. then what i did was roughly draw a large rectangle onto a piece of paper. if you imagine this is the same width as your material you can draw your panels onto this rectangle, slotting them in depending on their size. when you have finished you should be able to work out how many metres in length you will need allowing for some spare. sounds complicated but i'm not very good at explaining and it is ppretty simple really. when it came to fitting i used stainless steel self tapping screws and cups meant for fitting split screen panels from Custom and Comercial. these come in packs of 60. much easier than using origional fittings if you are making your own panels, and look pretty good too.
DSCN0423.jpg

DSCN0428.jpg

hey tintop - there is a place in Leeds that does upholstery on vans. I saw this bay at Harewood House and he had his interior done by this fella - very reasonable price apprantley....I am going to go and see him myself when I have some more cash!

Ken Spink 01132605844

let me know how you get on - we might be able to get an earlybay discount!

Tintop said:
Hi all

Now the outside is complete i'm moving my intentions inside the van.

Does anyone have the dimensions of the interior panels (wood) mine are not all there.

Also having seen some of your excellent upholstering work can anyone help and advise me of how much material i'd require to upholster the panels.

Hi Tintop hope this is of some help to you, if you are looking at trimming all your panels in vynil, 99.9% of vynils are 56" wide most fabrics are the same, but certain car fabrics can go up to 76". unfortunatley this does not help too much with trimming camper vans as you always have to go up the roll for the panels which leaves a strip at the side. we have trimmed many vans and could say that 9 meters would trim all the door cards inside the van no problem. if you are looking at having the cushions re upholstered in the same material then give yourself another 5 meters. hope this is of some help give us a shout and i will be happy to advise.
we stock vynil, foam and most things to do with car trimming.

good luck GOOSE
[/quote]

Hi, Try these guys £110 for the full set not bad.
http://www.vwtrim.co.uk/index.html :lol:
Saw them at bristol volks show very good for the price. 8)

Latest posts