Introducing Mr Brightside's Midlands Makeover............

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks David, I use a similar protectant, Jetseal 109.

I will take a look at the one you suggest when I run out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Graham...
Mate stunning bus mate. Hope mine ends up half as good as this!!!
Just a question about the side reflectors... as we don't have many over here in Oz.
Where can you get these from?
Are there different types?
And... the most import. How are they fixed?
Cheers Matty

Mr Brightside said:
Hello All,

Thought it was time for a brief update, we have been using the bus on & off for a few months now, totally enjoying the experience, covered just over 2000 miles, a few teething troubles, but we have worked through them & all seems to be good now.

There are a couple of jobs we didn't show earlier, the first was the buddy seat we fitted in the back. Initially we were not sure if we needed one or not, so decided upon a removable type, but it had to look good, in or out & be suitable for storage

It has a backrest also, but we never use it & I think it looks OK without.

BuddySeat-1.jpg

Plenty of room for storage

BuddySeat-2.jpg

The seat is held in place by 2 stainless steel pins that retract into the main unit

BuddySeat-3.jpg

Out of harms way

BuddySeat-4.jpg

Leaving us with a usable seat/storage unit that can be used either in the back of the bus or outside with the table that is stored underneath the wardrobe locker.

BuddySeat-5.jpg

Hi there
Can I be really cheeky and asked where you got the retractable stainless steel pins for the buddy seat?
Thanks
Richard

They were machined up from stock stainless bar by a local engineering company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So,
Last year when Brightside was sitting patiently in the car park of the MOT centre, waiting for the test, the owner of garage next door reversed into the back of him.

To cut a long, long story short, the driver denied it, then when faced with CCTV footage agreed, but wanted his body shop to "knock it out", I refused but had to involve the police as he wouldn't give his insurance details.

Anyway, fast forward 11 months later & a lot of insurance frustration (thanks ERS Classic I dont think), we have a happy ending.

Drew & Stewart at Midland Paintwerks have yet again done an astonishing job at repairing, whilst the damage looks superficial, the battery tray had taken a hit & also one of the captive nuts inside the chassis to attach the bumper iron had sheared, not an easy resolve.

1a87c62c1a1fe24e267b0ebd68896e03.jpg
fe9b2640447f40e45975e97bb998a68f.jpg
8489b79fca1383c08be48a4e52664335.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The patience shown by Midland with ERS Classic & the underwriters has been nothing short of amazing.

As are the results...........

b544cd3484f2415880f67941533b41b5.jpg
dc26bb08cbd5db1d94858b14a4eedc10.jpg
0f969a5b049e664662a3b8e6b44686f7.jpg
5da63da8a74a9909ff631b5774b68d76.jpg

Wow - that is brilliant work - looks like Midlands earned their pennies with that one :)

Looking good [emoji41]

Glad you got damage fixed in the end. I always park in a far corner of a services/supermarket etc car park, and you can bet that when I come back someone has parked next to my van even though there are plenty of nearer spaces available ! [emoji38][emoji28]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Think they do that just to pi55 you off.
I do the same but you can't stop the eejits.

mike202 said:
Looking good [emoji41]

Glad you got damage fixed in the end. I always park in a far corner of a services/supermarket etc car park, and you can bet that when I come back someone has parked next to my van even though there are plenty of nearer spaces available ! [emoji38][emoji28]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Me Too !!

Latest posts