Is it possible that.......

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharky71

Reaction score
after checking my valve clearances by rotating the pulley anti-clockwise that the bottom pulley would of worked loose??

The reason i ask is that this new (recon uni case "new internals") was dry when first fitted and running in procedure started but now i seem to be getting weeping at the front of the case like it is coming from the bottom pulley :?

all was bone dry before i did my final oil change after completing the running in mileage of 500miles with an intermediate oil change at 250miles,but now i am getting an annoying drip at the front.

also why does the engine weep from the oil breather pipe (stock filler,well stock everything)the bit where if you miss the filler neck it runs down the pipe out onto the floor,or is there something wrong? :shock: :? :roll:
Even if the van has been stood for a couple of days i get a thin film on the floor below the outlet,is this right??

Finally going back to the bottom pulley if it has come loose (i can not see how because it was done up ft tight!!) can i tighten it up still in situ or does it mean dropping the engine??.........Again :cry: :evil:

Regards.

Sharky.

I did mine for the first time this week, but after a bit of research on here i went for the turn clockwise method as someone on here advised as they did say that it has been known for the pulley to be losened by turning anti-clockwise! :shock:

Your bottom pulley is highly unlikely to be loose. You probably have positive case pressure that is causing the weeping. Try to find out why:

Does your breather pipe run to the air filter?
Is the pipe clear?

BJ1 said:
Your bottom pulley is highly unlikely to be loose. You probably have positive case pressure that is causing the weeping. Try to find out why:

Does your breather pipe run to the air filter?
Is the pipe clear?

i have a totally stock setup including oilbath airfilter which is connected to the filler breather/neck pipe thingy as per the manual.
positive case pressure??what could cause this on a stock setup??

You got to have a little case pressure and that`s why you needs a vent, wear around the rings `could' give you more pressure than you need,, overheating `could ' exert more pressure, ie missing tinware etc. There is a doo dah on the front of the crank that introduces a little crank pressure, I think it`s a venturi but I may be wrong (again) it`s got like a little thread on it.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Well maybe not a doo dah,, more of a thingy :mrgreen:

Latest posts