Is the Bus Bubble going to Burst ??????????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
easy said:

Buses are still a good investment i think and the only way is up. Advertising in general is going barmy for vans at the mo. 8)

Roll on the bus and dont worry if you havent got one yet there are plenty of bargains still to be had. A friend just got a late bay all ready to rock and roll for £800 :shock: bargains abound just need to know where to look! and thats not flee bay its in your street or ya mates :D

A mate of mine (with a paddock for a back yard) adverises in the local papers under "VWs wanted" free removal of non rollers and gets a phone call once or twice a week. He gets the whole kit a caboodle of VWs, strips the parts he can sell and slowly rebuilds what is salvagable. Mostly beetles, but Bay buses pop up every now and then and he never pays more than $100. So yes, they are still out there to be found.

Hi Aron,

I was just using the £5k as a figure but to be honest i think it will have to be around there to get anything half decent in the way of a fairly decent project which is hopefully mechanically sound.

I have seen the Kieft en Klok stuff how does that work as arnt they in Holland so do you go over there or something :?:

Theres a couple of guys on here done it, either pay em a visit and have a wee holiday in the sex capital :wink: or call em up and they can arrange the shipping but you then working from pics and their word.. put out a K&K thread ad get a little feed back from the peeps that have had dealings also do a searh for threads contaiing K&K in them :D
I would highly recommed FBI (they are on here usually seen on the sales forum) and where I got mine Volksheaven, call them if they've nothing in then they will look for something for you on one of there trips to the states or europe, Johsons (back of volks world etc) they go on regular trips to europe (plus very good mechaicals/paint jobs)

http://www.volksheaven.co.uk/
http://www.fbivw.com/
http://www.johnsonautoworks.com/

I've had dealings with them all and very helpful

always keep an eye on yer local rag :wink:

Theres always something on the sales

Theres all the others out there anyone else know any reputable dealers they can vouch for.

Gazza said:
I have seen the Kieft en Klok stuff how does that work as arnt they in Holland so do you go over there or something :?:

I saw a thumbnail pic in a mag of a bus I liked. Found it on the web. They sent me more pics. I phoned up up for a long chat. I trusted them, and was too busy to go over there at the time. :shock: So I wired them £6k and two weeks later picked up my Westy from Harwich docks. It was as described and passed an MOT three or four days later.

Simple.

We are new to the scene, I wanted a harley and the mrs wanted a bus, guess who won, anyway we looked around for sometime and after seeing some well rotten uk buses for around the 5k mark, we ended up with a usa import from fbi (good to do business with :) ) for just under 5k, which was rot free, og paint, never welded etc etc.

Having watched prices around and after doing an external resto it's obvious that for the same as what we purchased you are now looking at 7-8k, also having spoken to people at shows we also under estimated the value of ours on the insurance side being told to insure in the region of 12k :shock:

I would also agree with comments that a lot of people have jumped on the scence, us probably as well (but it's the only way the mrs can make sure I don't work weekends), which has increased prices, but it's a supply and demand situation and the bubble will burst eventually.(sinic) :roll:

The Samba does it for me, bought two buses now.
Look for ads from dry states, oregon, california, texas nevada etc
I always ring up the vendor , try and suss him out, also search all his other posts on the Samba, see if he is a regular and not some one off chancer.
Then yes get close up photos, sills, windscreen, floor jacking points, usual rust traps.
My 71 sunroof deluxe will be at Peppercorn, beige original paint, see for yourself what £2K shipped will buy.
Had to spend a bit on it since though, mechanically US buses are usually f****d

Its like housing on a smaller scale!!! People need something cheap to make that first rung on the ladder and maybe then use any cash they have made on their first bus to go and buy what they really wanted!!

When i was looking for my bus i saw so many for sale that were just being sold on because the owners wanted to go out and by a splittie!!!

Like it has been said the only way to get what you want now is to look further afield ie Kieft en Klok (who by the way were very very helpful when i initially started looking) or to find someone who isn`t as clued up on the old dub thang and just see them as another vehicle to move them from A to B.

Perfect example!! As a lorry driver i get all over the country and was in a little village near colchester a few weeks back and a chap had a Type 25 devon on a W reg up for grabs! He wanted 1300 quid for it with a full MOT as it was just getting in the way(oh how i wish i had the cash there and then.

Thats my two pence worth
:roll: :lol:

Latest posts