Is there a problem with the server?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevH

Reaction score
It's like the Marie Celeste on here just now...what's going on, anybody know? :?:

I had some major backups to perform, thought these would take a few hours but ended up 3 days. apologies

new online back up non differential at the start so for the first period it takes 60+ hours. Further backups will only check for different files. The site was down because the hosting company had a denial of Service attack and closed the whole server to fix it. Just a coincidence i was creating the backup at the same time.

sorry for the inconvenience.

Johnny said:
new online back up non differential at the start so for the first period it takes 60+ hours. Further backups will only check for different files. The site was down because the hosting company had a denial of Service attack and closed the whole server to fix it. Just a coincidence i was creating the backup at the same time.

Thanks Johnny, it is great to be back on line again. :D

Oddly, on my Windows PC I have been able to log in and see, well, not a lot happening, but my Mac has not been able to gain access...until now. :?:

Phew... thought we'd lost the good ship Earlybay for good :oops:

Well done sir :mrgreen:

Johnny said:

The last sentence of the above I understand.

The rest, well, might as well be written in Swahili or Greek for all it means to me. Thank God someone understands all this stuff or we would be sunk!

So Johnny, absolutely no need to appologise whatsoever. It should in fact be a huge, huge 'thank you' from all of us to you for once again sorting out this lovely place.

:D

Makes you realise how good this forum is when you spend a time on Volkszone!

Even my misses was praying it would come back to shut me up!

Lee

Makes you realise how good this forum is when you spend a time on Volkszone!

Even my misses was praying it would come back to shut me up!

Lee

Latest posts