It does cheer you up when your bus starts in the New Year ..

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cotswoldiver

Reaction score
The Westy hasn't moved since November when the new KONI shocks were fitted at Rocket Ron's workshop. It's been tucked up on the drive under a protec cover with a CTEK charger maintaining the battery, but it was such a good feeling when having scraped off the frost it started on the third turn of the key and didn't stall :D

We were out on one of the organised Ride It cycle rides so the bus was the bike mule. Despite all the warm riding gear very happy to get back home to a warm fire and hot soup.

The westy gets used most months for something all the other so its good to know it can still have the impact of making me smile driving it, but roll on the better weather .... please, but with people predicting the snow and freezing temps to come I think it will be back under the cover for a while yet

I know what you mean. Always start and run mine for a while each week, gave it a clean today too. Don't half put a smile on your face when it isnt raining either, bloody rain and wind, roll on summer :roll: :mrgreen:

i put the battery back on mine at the weekend as it was nice and bright and took a cruise out and about, even had a much needed cup of tea by the seaside!

i love my bus!

I had a day out in mine at the weekend.
Last time I drove it was to Brighton Breeze, so quite pleased when it started after two turns of the key :D
I drove to Bexhill and then a bike ride along the coast to Hastings with my son.
It was a great day out and sunny!

Its one of the first things I intend to do upon my return to the UK after 4 months away!

Fingers crossed it will fire up once I have the oil pressure up and reconnect the coil!

NEED MY AIRCOOLED FIX

Parked mine up when I got home from Brighton Breeze with an electrical 'issue' when the starter would't turn.

Went up the workshop yesterday to sort the starter and thought 'Give it a quick go'. Turned over and after 20 secs to fill the carb float chambers, fired and idled rock steady. Proper result, that...

Went for a run in mine today, last run a week before Xmas. 2nd turn of the key. Not too shoddy!

Went for a drive and passed a splitty who gave me possibly the most enthusiastic wave and smile I'd ever seen from another dubber! Probably thinking "Yay another person running a bus in January!! Whoop!"

Bless! :lol:

Toad said:
Mine doesn't get pampered like that.....she is used daily throughout the year :D Just as nature intended

:rocknroll: indeed...... They need to be driven! an plenty of grease oil un polish ! :D

Latest posts