Jan 68 Wesfalia SO-67

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the whole setup would look lush with a Westy awning in the middle of the bus & caravan, I'm not a fan of the Kyham ones ( based purely on appearance :oops: ) how shallow :( !!!!
:lol:

Drove 320 miles from Warrington to Cornwall through the night in a record time of 6.5 hours. This was the first real opportunity to test the CSP brakes and remote servo upgrade that 'Midlandpaintwerks' fitted along with an Anti Roll Bar and some paint work to the lower valance due to road damage.

Stuart & Drew did a fantastic job as usual on what wasn't straight forward as initially thought. Not wanting to locate the servo inside the bus or remove the interior to access the main cargo floor the only option was to locate under the cab floor area.

As people will know 68's have a different one year only chasis. The original plan was to locate under the walk through area like the Split boys do, however this wasn't possible due to clearance issues. It was decided that the best place for it was immediately behind the inner front valance on the passenger side.

This was the only available location that didn't interfere with any of the running gear plus it didn't sit lower than the main bodywork. The guys had to fabricate new brackets as opposed to the one supplied and they also took the time and effort to make a one off belly pan to protect it.

Upon completion we were all a little disappointed in the performance of the braking power but we agreed that this may be down to the set up needing some miles under it's belt to bed in. This was definitely the case as the braking is now sharp and responsive to the extent that my wife complains that it's hurts her neck... :lol:

Thanks for posting this, :) very interesting about the brake servo location. I am getting one for my '70. I am hoping it will fit under the cab seat area clearing the handbrake cables.

We'll have to see :?

mike202 said:
Thanks for posting this, :) very interesting about the brake servo location. I am getting one for my '70. I am hoping it will fit under the cab seat area clearing the handbrake cables.

We'll have to see :?

Remember if your fitting one of these the bleed screws on the servo should be at the highest point , as one day you may need to bleed it .

I decided to make the most of the good weather and erect the Westy Awning for the first time even though I've had it nearly a year. I was told from the buyer that he'd purchased it in 1972 brand new and had only used it a couple of times before putting it in storage.

I'm well pleased as it's in fantastic condition.

*Sam* said:
Great find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Sam..........It smells a little musty so left out for the night to air but that's to be expected as it's over forty years since last erected.

midlandpaintwerks said:
really suits it mike but lose the hubcaps .

Not for me Stu as I can't see what you do with them off ;) ;) ....I have another set of caps that I'm getting powder coated in primer grey that I intend to detail (if I get round to it) :?

Felt the engine was running slightly rich following my exhaust upgrade so booked another session on the rolling road.
Dropped down a jet size and timing reset and now running like a dream.

Latest posts