Just want to say hello.....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fahrvergnuegen

Reaction score
hello,

i don´t really know if my posting is on the right place - if not - please forgive me.

i just registered here because i currently restoring a 71 rhd dormobile. because i´m sitting here in germany (the westfalia land) it is hard to find informations about dormobiles - and it is even harder to find dormobile-parts here - and it is even worse to get rhd-specials.

after reading some threads i´ve seen here are more dormo drivers.

the dormo was bought in gb in 1996 from 2 african guys that wanted to drive it through germany because they wantet to get it to africa. near my hometown the fuel-pump got broken so they took it to a car-service and told the chief there that they will pick it up 1 week later. 5 years later the car-service-chief didn´t believe they will return ever. so he gave the dormo to another guy. this guy took it to a barn and stored it there for the next 5 years. finally i get known to that guy and bought the dormo from him - now it´s on its way back to the streets. the bay is in a very very very sad condition - but i love dormobiles so i decided to make a real perfect camper. but sometimes it is hard. very hard.

my name is alex, 34years old, married, a son, i life near bayreuth (southern germany) - and i own (beside the dormobile) a 74 late bay-camper, a 61 beetle, a 74 superbeetle, a 82 mexican beetle, a 71 fastback type 3 and a mercedes w115.

sorry ´bout my horrible english - i try my best.

perhaps anyone can tell me where to find a rhd - original (or near original quality) cab-floor, dormobile buddy seats.´

nice greetings from germany
alex

Hi , welcome and Merry Christmas.
your english is very good so no worries there. that's a good story and it sounds like you have got your work cut out for you good luck with it and get some pics posted for us to see :D I'm sure you will get some tips over the next few days.

i had a crash with my computer - so i have some problems to get back to my photos, as soon as possible i will post some pictures of my early bay - and perhaps some of my other vws. the dormo is a real big work. but it will go forward - sometimes.
i always say it will be ready for the may-cruise-madness of the dfl-vw-club (the night before maikäfertreffen in hannover)

.... but i never say which year it will be :wink:

Hallo Alex,

nice to see another german guy on earlybay. If you think global you are a next neighbour to me...

Viel Spass mit deinem Earlybay :D

Reto

Latest posts